Nottingham Trent University (NTU), located in the vibrant city of Nottingham, offers a gateway to academic excellence, personal growth, and professional success. With its five campuses and a student population exceeding 33,000, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) has earned a place among the top 10 largest public research universities in the United Kingdom. This blog post delves into the key features that make Nottingham Trent University a sought-after destination for aspiring students, highlights the university’s exceptional academic programmes and explains in detail about Nottingham Trent University Admission Process.
Application Intake For Nottingham Trent University Admission
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Admission has specific application intakes for undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programmes.
The application process and deadlines may vary depending on the programmes and the level of study. Here’s a general overview of the application intake for NTU’s UG and PG programmes
Undergraduate Programmes: Fall
Postgraduate Programmes: Fall and Winter
Acceptance Rate For Nottingham Trent University
This University houses more than 40,000 students including international students from 160 countries. The Admission is highly competitive with Nottingham Trent University Acceptance Rate being 15%.
Eligibility and Documents Required For Nottingham Trent University Admission
Eligibility requirements for Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Admission vary based on the specific program and country. For prospective Indian students, NTU has established the following criteria:
|International Year One Courses at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)||Higher Secondary Certificate (XIIth)||50% or higher||N/A|
|First-year entry Bachelor’s degrees||Higher Secondary Certificate (XIIth)||65% or higher||Based on four relevant subjects (excluding the native language)|
|Postgraduate taught courses (Three and four-year Bachelor’s degrees)||University of Mumbai, University of Kolkata, and University of Delhi||55% or higher||2.1 classification|
|Postgraduate taught courses (Three and four-year Bachelor’s degrees)||Other recognized universities in India||60% or higher||2.1 classification|
|Postgraduate taught courses (Three and four-year Bachelor’s degrees)||University of Mumbai, University of Kolkata, and University of Delhi||50% or higher||2.2 classification|
|Postgraduate taught courses (Three and four-year Bachelor’s degrees)||Other recognized universities in India||55% or higher||2.2 classification|
|Postgraduate taught courses (Masters degrees)||Recognised universities in India||50% or higher||N/A|
|Ph.D. Research (Masters degrees)||Recognized universities in India||60% or higher||N/A|
Nottingham Trent University Entry Requirements
To fulfil the University’s language requirements, one of the following options must be met:
Higher Secondary Certificate (Standard XII)
Awarded by CBSE and selected by State Boards including Maharashtra, Karnataka, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala:
70/100 (70%) or 160/200 (80%).
A degree from the following universities:
- The University of Mumbai
- The University of Delhi
- The University of Calcutta
- The University of Bangalore
- Savitribai Phule Pune University (formerly The University of Pune)
- The University of Chennai/Madras
- Osmania University
- The University of Goa
- University of Kolkata/Calcutta
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU).
English Language Exam Score Requirements
|Level of Study||Overall Score||Score in Each Component|
English Language Proficiency Scores
|Test Name||Score Range|
|CPE||180 or above|
The Documents required for Nottingham Trent University Admission is as follows:
|Health and travel insurance||✔️||✔️|
|AP score report||✔️||❌|
|English proficiency score report||✔️||✔️|
|Letters of Recommendation (LORs)||✔️||2-3|
|UCAS Personal Statement||✔️||❌|
|Essays or SOP, as per course requirement||❌||✔️|
|Research proposals for PhD courses (if applicable)||❌||✔️|
Please note that the specific document requirements may vary based on the programme
and individual circumstances
Application Steps For Nottingham Trent University Admission
The Application steps for Nottingham Trent University Admission for UG and PG courses are depicted below:
Admission Steps for UG Courses
- Application Portal: Register and apply through the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) Portal or NTU Applicant Portal.
- Email Communication: Keep a close eye on your email for important updates and communications from the university.
- UCAS Application: Regularly check your application status and progress on the UCAS portal.
- Admission Offers: Review the admission offers received from Nottingham Trent University.
- Acceptance: Once you have made your decision, accept the admission offer that best aligns with your preferences and aspirations.
- Final Result: Check the final outcome of your application on the UCAS hub.
Admission Steps for PG Courses
- New Applicant Registration: Begin by registering as a new applicant on the university’s application portal.
- Application Submission: Fill in the required details and submit your application for the postgraduate programme of your choice.
- Track Application Process: Keep track of your application’s progress through regular updates and notifications provided by the university.
- Admission Offer Check: Check for any admission offers received from Nottingham Trent University for your chosen postgraduate course.
- Acceptance: Within four weeks of receiving the admission offer, accept the offer to secure your place in the programme.
- Fulfil Offer Conditions: If there are any conditions attached to the offer, ensure that you meet them within the specified timeframe.
Admission Interview Process
At Nottingham Trent University, prospective undergraduate students may receive invitations for interviews as part of the admission process, aimed at evaluating their suitability for their chosen course. These interviews in some of the top Universities in Nottingham serve as a platform for students to demonstrate their skills and life experiences.
To prepare effectively for the admission interview, consider the following steps:
- Keep a close eye on your email for any interview notifications.
- Assemble any supplementary documents specified in the invitation.
- Take note of the interview date and confirm your availability. If scheduling conflicts arise, don’t hesitate to reach out to the admissions committee to discuss rescheduling options.
- If your interview is in-person, make necessary travel arrangements and ensure you arrive punctually.
- For virtual interviews, select a quiet and distraction-free environment.
- Acquaint yourself with the subject relevant to your application.
- Formulate thoughtful questions about your chosen course and the university.
- Conduct practice interviews or mock sessions to refine your interview skills.
By following these guidelines, you can navigate the Nottingham Trent University admission interview process with confidence and poise.
Application Deadline For Nottingham Trent University Admission
Nottingham Trent University Admission has specific deadlines for undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programmes.
1. UG applications should be submitted by January 26, 2023. However, the university also accepts late UCAS applications for some UG courses for the September intake, with a deadline of June 30, 2023.
2. For postgraduate courses, the Nottingham Trent University application portal is typically open throughout the year. However, international applicants are advised to apply at least 4 months before the session begins to allow ample time for obtaining a UK student visa.
Fees and Financing For Nottingham Trent University
At Nottingham Trent University, tuition fees vary depending on the program and student status. Financial support options, such as scholarships, bursaries, and student loans, are available to assist students with their educational expenses.
The application fee for UG and PG programmes is shown in the table below.
o Single Choice – 22.50 (GBP)
o 5 Choice – 27 (GBP)
o 5 Choice 2024 – 27.50 (GBP)
There are no application fees for postgraduate programs except for a few professional courses. All application fees are non-refundable.
Annual Fee Structure
The image below gives an approximate estimate of the fees of various courses offered at NTU. The exact fee structure varies depending on the specific course:
Undergraduate Programmes – 15,000 to 16,000 GBP
MBA – 12,000 to 21,000 GBP
Phd Research – 12,000 to 14,000 GBP
Note: Fees are subject to change every year. Check the university website for exact fee structure.
Average living Costs
Nottingham offers a more affordable cost of living compared to cities like Manchester or London. Prices for goods and services in the UK may differ from your home country.
Here’s a general guide to the costs of studying at NTU.
Average costs per month
|Accommodation||£355 – £743|
|Socialising (eating out with friends, for example)||£59|
|Household bills (often included in the price of accommodation)||£64|
|Mobile phone contract||£18|
|Health (e.g gym membership)||£20|
Nottingham Trent University has the following campuses:
1. City Campus
2. Clifton Campus
3. Brackenhurst Campus
4. Confetti Campus
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) offers several scholarships and financial aid options for international students, including:
|NTU Excellence Scholarships||25% or 50% of tuition fee||Undergraduate students, excluding placement years|
|Confetti Excellence Scholarship||25% or 50% of tuition fee||Undergraduate students, excluding placement years|
|NTU International Scholarships||£2,000||International students|
|NTU International Merit Scholarships||£3,000||International students|
|Regional and Subject Scholarships (Undergraduate)||Up to 25% to 50% of tuition fee||Undergraduate students|
|Regional and Subject Scholarships (Postgraduate)||Up to 50% of tuition fee||Postgraduate students|
|International Research Studentships||Varies||Research students|
|Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship||Full tuition fee scholarship||Exceptional students|
|Chevening Scholarships||Varies (external scholarship)||International students (external scholarship)|
|Commonwealth Scholarships||Varies (external scholarship)||International students (external scholarship)|
1. How many days does it take to get an offer letter from Nottingham Trent University?
It typically takes several weeks to receive an offer from Nottingham Trent University for admission.
2. What is the entry rate for Nottingham Trent?
The entry rate for Nottingham Trent University Admission is around 15%
3. Is IELTS mandatory for Nottingham Trent University?
Yes, IELTS is generally required for students applying to NTU for Admission.