The program of study aims to develop a range of transferable research, analytical and communication skills including the capacity to:
- demonstrate a foundation in both the theoretical and the practical aspects of cognitive science
- understand professional and ethical responsibilities and a commitment to them
- critically analyse and evaluate information and solve problems
- demonstrate awareness of social, economic, cultural and environmental aspects of cognitive science
- work professionally as an individual and as a member of multi-disciplinary teams
- understand the need to undertake lifelong learning and the capacity to do so
- prepare for future professional roles as a cognitive scientist.