Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Imaging)Unitec Institute Of Technology
Auckland, New Zealand
- Tuition Fee NZ$ 23,350
- Country Rank-
- Duration36 Months
- Score IELTS: 6.5
The Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Imaging) provides you with the clinical and theoretical knowledge to work as a registered medical imaging technologist (MIT). To safely obtain images using radiation for diagnostic use, you need a sound understanding of anatomy, physiology, pathology, physics, and the medical radiation equipment and clinical techniques you will use in the industry. We'll help you develop these skills so you complete your degree confident and work-ready. You'll also get an introduction to more advanced imaging systems.
- At Unitec, we think the best way to learn is a mixture of thinking and doing. You'll spend over 2000 hours (in block periods of time) across all three years of your degree gaining clinical experience working in a radiology/x-ray department, as well as developing your medical knowledge so you can easily transition to the workplace. Our staff will help you find suitable clinical placements, which may be in Auckland, as well as other regional centres throughout New Zealand.
- Accredited by the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB).
- Leads to industry registration: once you've completed this programme you can apply for registration with the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB).
- This programme is an internationally recognised qualification.
- Highly qualified teaching staff with extensive first-hand experience of clinical provision and discipline need.
Cost Of Studying At Unitec Institute Of Technology
Interest rates as low as 8.9% *
Loan Amount Disbursed