Psychology MAUniversity of Limerick
- Tuition Fee € 14,600
- Country Rank#4
- Duration12 Months
- Score IELTS: 6.5 TOEFL: 90
The Master of Art in Psychology (MA Psychology) is a full-time 1-year conversion course that integrates existing undergraduate modules and postgraduate modules. The course - accredited by the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) - has been designed for students with prior experiences in psychology and research methods comparable to 1 year of study (10 modules; 60 ECTS).
On successful completion of the programme, it is expected that the student will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental psychological processes that underlie psychological phenomena in cognition, developmental psychology, social psychology, personality psychology, and biological psychology.
- Understand the fundamental principles of research methods.
- Critically evaluate current issues in psychological research and its applications in society.
- Demonstrate how psychological issues can be investigated and critically evaluated.
- Select and develop strategies to investigate and solve psychological issues on the level of individuals and groups.
- Apply the fundamental psychological concepts and practices to psychological issues in research and in the social context.
- Demonstrate expertise in applying psychological methods when assessing and solving psychological issues.
- Demonstrate interpersonal competencies and professional sensitivity including ethical behaviour.
- Conceptualise, research and write critical assessments of psychological areas of investigation.
- Understand and evaluate the significance of psychological research and the findings that it can provide.
- Critically evaluate psychological applications to solutions in society considering contextual limitations and the feasibility of psychological interventions.
Cost Of Studying At University of Limerick
Interest rates as low as 8.9% *
Loan Amount Disbursed