Physiotherapy Professional Qualification MScUniversity of Limerick
- Tuition Fee € 23,300
- Country Rank#4
- Duration24 Months
- Score IELTS: 6.5 TOEFL: 90
Those in the final year of a Level 8 Degree can apply before graduation and may be offered a conditional place (depending on GAMSAT scores) subject to providing evidence of 2h2 or higher in their undergraduate degree
In addition to academic modules at UL, students on the MSc Physiotherapy (Prof Qual) will complete 1000 hours of clinical placement. Clinical Placement modules will take place in Limerick, Portlaoise, Kilkenny, Ballinasloe and Co Galway in a range of settings (tertiary and secondary hospitals, rehabilitation units, primary care, schools etc. and with patients of all ages
The programme aims to develop graduates who are able to:
- Synthesise theoretical and conceptual knowledge of the cardiorespiratory, neurological and musculoskeletal systems to the practice of physiotherapy.
- Be competent in the delivery of physiotherapy interventions for the effective rehabilitation and management of people with a range of conditions.
- Competently prescribe, and monitor physiotherapy interventions responsibly, based on a clinically-reasoned approach following an appropriate assessment and diagnosis.
- Apply specialist knowledge and understanding of movement and movement dysfunction to clinical practice.
- Use an innovative and creative approach to meet evolving service developments and healthcare needs.
- Perform effectively and professionally within a health care team.
- Adopt and facilitate a collaborative, holistic, proactive and professional approach to healthcare practice.
- Articulate and integrate the advanced critical thinking and reflective skills required to be autonomous lifelong learners.
- Use an evidence-based approach in practice which integrates research findings into patient assessment and management.
- Integrate the ethical, social and cultural dimensions of healthcare within clinical judgement.
- Articulate ideas clearly, effectively, collaboratively and professionally to patients, carers, the multidisciplinary team and other relevant stakeholders.
Cost Of Studying At University of Limerick
Interest rates as low as 8.9% *
Loan Amount Disbursed