Bachelor of Science in Financial MathematicsUniversity of Limerick
- Tuition Fee € 17,200
- Country Rank#4
- Duration48 Months
- Score IELTS: 6.5 TOEFL: 90
The aims of the degree are to produce graduates with developed mathematical, statistical and computing skills, and the ability to apply them to the quantitative analysis of industrial, commercial or financial business decisions.
The programme also aims to produce graduates with sufficient mathematical, statistical and computing skills for them to undertake postgraduate work in these or related areas
These aims give rise to the following objectives:
- To provide an education at a suitable level in the appropriate branches of mathematics, both by exploring and developing standard methods and techniques with due use of mathematical, symbolic and statistical computing packages and by having due regard to the fundamental ideas of proof, rigour and generalisation.
- To introduce you to state of the art theory and methodologies in the world of pricing of financial products and modelling of markets and the practical implementations of these models.
- To demonstrate the application of mathematics to problems drawn from industry, commerce and financial services.
- To provide you, through Cooperative Education placement, with experience of working in a company or department where your own developing skills can be utilised.
Cost Of Studying At University of Limerick
Interest rates as low as 8.9% *
Loan Amount Disbursed