Bachelor of Science in Computer SystemsUniversity of Limerick
- Tuition Fee € 17,200
- Country Rank#4
- Duration48 Months
- Score IELTS: 6.5 TOEFL: 90
The Computer Systems programme at UL aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills to become a successful and effective computer professional.
Many advanced and highly sophisticated software-intensive systems underpin the modern world. For example, software-based systems play an important role in all kinds of systems including smart cities, smart homes, social networks, manufacturing, finance, education, medicine, transport, and entertainment.
But creating software-intensive systems is a human activity. Despite all the advances, software-intensive systems still present many demanding challenges for the professionals who design, build, test and deploy them. Being involved in the development of computer-based systems promises to be an exciting and indispensable career for the foreseeable future.
On completion of the programme, graduates go on to a variety of interesting and rewarding software careers based in large and small organisations, in industry, in research and in education and training. As ever, the primary focus of this course is on the underlying principles of software development and their application to modern software development practices. In particular, we want you to secure a firm and lasting intellectual foundation that will allow you to acquire new and specific technical knowledge over a lifelong career. The course is designed to give you ample opportunities to learn and apply knowledge in small tutorials and practical groups.
The aims and objectives of the Computer Systems programme are:
- To develop the skills you will need in order to analyse a wide range of problems
- To provide a sound understanding of the theory of computer science and the principles of software development
- To be a competent practitioner in the fields of artificial intelligence and data science
- To develop social and communication skills that will enable you to function successfully in organisations and teams
- To develop a sense of professionalism that will help you to apply your skills for the good of society.
Cost Of Studying At University of Limerick
Interest rates as low as 8.9% *
Loan Amount Disbursed