The Amalia Lacroze de Fortabat Fellowships
Harvard University Committee on General Scholarships

All Nationalities
B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology),B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture),B.Plan. (Bachelor of Planning),B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce),B.Voc. (Bachelor of Vocation),B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science),B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration),B.F.Tech. (Bachelor of Fashion Technology),B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fishery Science),B.H.M. (Bachelor of Hotel Management),B.Des. (Bachelor of Design),B.Text. (Bachelor of Textile),B.Pharm. (Bachelor of Pharmacy),B.B.I. (Bachelor of Banking and Insurance)
United States

Scholarship Overview

Amalia Lacroze De Fortabat Fellowships are awarded each year to students with Argentine citizenship who are currently enrolled or have been admitted for graduate study at Harvard University. Awards are need-based and take academic merit into account. Priority will be given to degree candidates in fields that will enable them to contribute to:

(1) Argentina’s social, economic and scientific progress.

(2) the formation of public policies that strengthen Argentine democracy.

(3) Argentina’s academic and professional development.


Applicants are expected to return to Argentina upon completion of their programs at Harvard. Current and prospective Harvard graduate students should apply for consideration directly to the Committee on General Scholarships.

How To Apply

Candidates must apply to and be accepted by their school of choice at the University independent of this Fellowship application. Candidates do not need to know their admissions status in order to apply for this award. Admission to the University does not guarantee a fellowship award. Applicants must apply for this fellowship prior to enrolling at Harvard University. Students who are already enrolled at Harvard are not eligible. Fellowships are awarded for one academic year with the possibility of renewal for a subsequent year. 

1. Contact the financial aid office at the school you plan to attend
2. Apply for financial aid through the school you plan to attend
3. Return here for additional resources you may be eligible to receive

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is the Committee on General Scholarships?

The Committee is a standing committee of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. It offers programs that serve students in all of Harvard's graduate and professional schools. Its formal members are the Deans of the graduate and professional schools at Harvard, and of Harvard College, or the representatives whom they designate. Dr. Margot N. Gill, Administrative Dean for International Affairs, is Chairperson of the Committee.

What is the origin of all this funding?

The majority of the Committee’s programs are funded with income from Harvard endowment funds established specifically for this purpose as a result of gifts to the university. Most of these scholarships and fellowships are restricted to students who meet specific eligibility criteria established by the original donors. CGS funds represent only a small fraction of the financial support available to Harvard students. It is important that all students begin their search for financial support with the Financial Aid Office of the school within Harvard University in which they plan to enroll.

Are the funds listed here all that are available at Harvard?

The funds and programs offered through the Committee on General Scholarships are only a small sample of the support available to Harvard students. Most financial support is managed within the College or the graduate or professional school in which the student is planning to enroll. All applicants should begin their search for financial support with the Financial Aid Office of that school, and then return here to determine whether there are additional or supplemental programs for you at CGS.

How do I get information about admission requirements at Harvard?

Prospective graduate students should contact the Admissions and Financial Aid Office of the particular Harvard graduate or professional school of interest to them. Prospective undergraduate students should contact the Harvard College Admissions and Financial Aid Office.