Psychological Science uses established theoretical frameworks to investigate, explain, and predict what we do as individuals and as groups. This three-year general applied psychological science curriculum places a heavy emphasis on applying knowledge to professional practice contexts. It establishes the theoretical foundations upon which many methods and procedures have been developed. The course covers experimental design techniques that are applicable to real-world research.
The Bachelor’s degree in Psychological Science will prepare students for professional work and future study by exposing them to a breadth of knowledge in the discipline of Psychology.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
IELTS: 6 GRE: 299 TOEFL: 79
We can help you
During this course you will, over three years of fulltime teaching periods, study subjects including:
• Foundations for Professional Health Practice
• Human Structure and Function
• Science and Professional Practice in Psychology
• Brain and Behaviour
• Abnormal Psychology
• Health and Wellbeing in Social and Cultural Contexts
• Psychological Science Experimental Methods
• Advanced Psychological Science Qualitative Methods
• Mixed Methods Research in Health Psychology
• Indigenous and Cross Cultural Psychology
Curtin University reserves the right to change course content to provide maximum learning outcomes. Any changes to a course structure will respect students’ rights to finish on time and will not require them to take additional units.
• Apply psychological theory to evidence-based practice and extend the boundaries of knowledge through research
• Discriminate between valid discipline knowledge and questionable esoteric theory and practice
• Apply logical and rational processes to critically analyse problems and generate innovative solutions to psychological questions
• Access, evaluate, and synthesise relevant information and evidence from a range of sources applicable to psychology
• Communicate effectively with individuals, groups, and communities
• Select and effectively use appropriate technologies relevant to psychological research and practice
• Demonstrate an ability for self-directed learning and reflective practice
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of international perspectives in psychology
• Demonstrate an understanding and respect for human rights and cultural diversity
• Independently and collaboratively apply professional skills in an ethical manner
To enter our Bachelor of Science (Psychological Science) program, you will require GCE A-Levels: 5 points (best of 3 subjects) | IB: 24 points
CBSE/ICSE – 60% HSC – 65%. Additionally, mathematics is essential, and calculus is desirable.
The English language requirements are an IELTS overall band score of 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band.
Curtin Dubai is offering the prospect to obtain the Bachelor of Science (Psychological Science) for AED 170,100
Career opportunities include
• Guidance / Careers counselling
• Social / psychological research
• Human services
• Life coaching
• Human resources
• Social welfare and other related fields
We can help you