Lady Meherbai D.Tata Education Trust Scholarship is offered by the Lady Meherbai D.Tata Education Trust to women (Indian) graduates to fulfill their dream of pursuing higher education abroad. The scholarship covers the tuition fee component. Students studying in the following fields are eligible to apply -
- Social work
- Child health – Development and nutrition
- Public health – Community health services, reproductive health
- Rural development work
- Education and welfare of children with special needs
- Health policy and health education — mental health
- Research and study of social norms in communities
- Development studies (applications in the field of sustainable development, social development, social policy, and public policy)
- A scholarship amount ranging from 3-6 lakh is given based on the performance of the candidate in the personal interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will need to give a personal interview with the trustees.
- Successful candidates need to show proof of at least 50% of the funding.
Terms and Conditions
The continuation of the scholarship depends on the good academic performance of the scholars in the examinations conducted by their respective universities.
Renewal cases of stipend holders who are not promoted to the next year will not be considered for further renewal.