There are a number of Australian universities that offer scholarships to international students. Moreover, the Department of Foriegn Affairs and Trade (DFAT) of the Australian Government aims to attract students from around the world to pursue their higher education in Australia. Undergraduate scholarships in Australia have provided students with an easy pathway to begin and continue studying in the country.
The following is the list of undergraduate scholarships in Australia:
Australia Awards | Undergraduate Scholarships in Australia
Offered by the department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is the Australia Awards that is given to talented students from a list of selected developing countries. The global strategy and vision of this award is to invest in the next generation of world leaders. This is done by encouraging students to pursue their research, study and professional development in Australia.
Benefits of Australia Awards:
- Covers full tuition fees
- Return air travel: From Australia to home country.
- Initial settling fees: one time payments for accommodation, living expenses, study materials
- Introductory Academic Program (IAL): Australia Awards scholarship includes a compulsory program prior to commencement of your academic studies. The program covers information on living and studying in Australia.
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE): the scholarship provides a fortnightly contribution towards your basic living expenses.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): This covers the scholar’s medical expenses for the duration of the award.
- Pre-course English Fees (PCE):To help the scholar meet the English language requirements of the institute they have applied to.
- Supplementary Academic Support (SAS): To enhance the scholar’s academic experience, academic support may be provided for resources and research.
- The eligibility and benefits differ for candidates based on their country of residence/nationality.
Undergraduate Scholarships In Australia Offered by Universities:
Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Macquarie university offers scholarships to high calibre students willing to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies. This scholarship is highly competitive and is offered to scholars based on merit and academic performance.
Eligibility for Macquarie International Scholarship:
- The first requirement for attaining this scholarship is to meet the university’s English language requirements
- You must not be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand.
- For undergraduate students an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 85 is required. Alternatively, for postgraduate students, a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) of 65 is required.
- An offer letter or a letter of acceptance from Macquarie university is required before applying for this scholarship. This is because you must provide a Macquarie University Student Number on your application form.
- The scholarship application must be filled with correct and thorough information. This must include selecting and applying for “VCIS” in the scholarship form as the name of the scholarship applied for
Value of Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship:
- The scholarship is valued at AUD 10,000 and can be applied against your tuition fees.
- This scholarship will not cover your living expenses, settling or initial costs, OSHC, accommodation or air travel costs.
- You can only apply for this scholarship once. This means the scholarship is non-renewable.
Looking for accommodation near your university in Australia? Tell us the name of your university and we offer you the best options for your stay. UniAcco has properties for you around the most cities and towns in Australia.
Griffith Remarkable Scholarship
Griffith University offers undergraduate scholarships in Australia for international students. This is a merit based scholarship that is offered to students who have a good academic record. The university aims to attract talented students from around the globe to pursue their tertiary education (undergraduate or postgraduate) at Griffith University.
Eligibility for Griffith’s Remarkable Scholarship
- A minimum GPA of 5.5 or above (on a 7 point scale) is required for attaining this scholarship.
- You must fulfil all the English language requirements by Griffith University.
- Only students outside Australia and New Zealand can apply for this scholarship.
- Only students who have applied for a full time course: undergraduate or postgraduate may apply for a Remarkable Scholarship offered by Griffith University.
Value of Griffith’s Remarkable Scholarship:
- This scholarship covers 50% of the tuition fees which adjusted against your tuition fees.
- This scholarship supports students who are enrolled in a full time course only.
Charles Darwin University Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarship
This is a merit based scholarship offered by Charles Darwin University to students with a good academic and extracurricular award. The High Achievers Scholarship is offered to students based on their academic standing and involvement in extracurricular activities. In addition to this, students with high levels of personal achievements can also competitor’s for this scholarship.
Eligibility for International High Achievers Scholarship
- The course you are applying for should start on or after 2nd September.
- You must meet the university’s entry requirements for the full time or part time course you are applying to.
- Since this is a merit based scholarship, applicants must provide evidence of having scored at least 95% in their previous level of education. This is applicable for entry into undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Only students outside Australia are eligible to apply
- This should be the only scholarship candidate must apply for.
Value of CDU’s International Scholarship
Your scholarship application will be assessed by the admissions committee (Adcom). Since this is a competitive scholarship, you will be granted the scholarship based on your demonstrated potential. Based on the quality of your scholarship application, you may be eligible for a 25% or a 50% funding against your tuition fees.
Adelaide Global Excellence Scholarship for International Students
This is one of the most popular undergraduate scholarships in Australia offered by the University of Adelaide. Starting from the year 2021, this scholarship will be available for international students with high academic performance till the year 2025. University of Adelaide aims to produce high quality professionals by offering the best resources and facilities to talented students.
Eligibility for Adelaide’s Excellence Scholarship
- Only students who aim to pursue their tertiary studies between the period 2021 and 2025 are advised to apply.
- Australia and New Zealand nationals are not eligible for this scholarship.
- You must apply for an undergraduate/postgraduate course at University of Adelaide before applying for this scholarship.
- Students applying for an undergraduate should have a minimum of 98 ATAR or equivalent.
- Postgraduate candidates are expected to have a minimum of 6.8 GPA or higher on a scale of 7.
- There is no separate application for this scholarship. International students who meet the requirements of the university and the award are automatically granted the scholarship.
Value Adelaide’s Global Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded only twice to students with the highest GPAs and academic scores. The scholarship waives off 50% of the scholar’s tuition fees.
We hope you liked reading our blog on Which Are the Top Undergraduate Scholarships In Australia! If you are curious about scholarships from around the world, the following may be of help: