Students look for opportunities to pursue their education in the USA because of the wide range of disciplines that it offers. The USA has hosts a number of international students in its premier universities and has granted quality education. Most of the Indian students consider the USA to be their preferred destination for both, studying as well as travelling. There is a lot of scope for students to learn and witness a mindful growth during their period of stay. Students also gain a sense of self-confidence because of their independent lifestyles. Staying by yourself in a new country and managing your expenses needs to be backed with great responsibility. That is why it is recommended to assess the study cost in USA for Indian students
Cost to Study In USA For Indian Students
The education system in the USA is considered to be the most versatile and flexible. Over 30% of international students study in the US making it the world leader in providing education. Here’s why studying in the USA is a good option for you.
- The US universities are deemed to be world leaders when it comes to technology and scientific techniques. Students are provided with high-end resources accompanying their studies to encourage skillful learning and practicing.
- The US course programs are quite flexible and allow the students to tailor their course subjects as per their interests.
- The US has been known for its academic excellence in terms of world class recognition for the qualifications awarded by its universities for students.
- Not only is there diversity amongst the students but also amongst the teachers and the staff because the universities procure the best staff from all over the world.
- For students who are pursuing their graduate programs, they have an additional opportunity for research, training and teaching. These assistantships allow the students to finance their expenses.
- Students who wish to study in the US are given assistance by support services for international students. From organizing orientation programs to building resumes, there is guidance provided at every step.
- The campus life is also very exciting for students because, while the main focus is on education, students also get to be a part of different clubs and cultural activities.
Cost Of Studying In The USA For Indian Students: Tuition Fees
Tuition fees are the prime expenditure while analyzing the cost of studying in the USA for Indian students. There are two major categories of universities in the US –
- Public/ State Universities
- Private Universities
The table below shows the approximate tuition fees for different programs that students undertake.
|Program||Tuition fees (USD)|
|English language studies||$700 – $1200 per month|
|Undergraduate bachelor degree||$20,000 to $40,000 per year|
|Graduate programs||$20,000 to $45,000 per year|
|Doctoral degree||$28,000 to $55,000 per year|
|Community colleges||$6,000 to $20,000 per year|
Cost Of Studying In The USA For Indian Students: Accommodation Costs
The accommodation costs form an integral part of the cost of studying in the USA. They are structured carefully after considering various other expenses like maintenance, the type of room, the amenities provided, the inventory, and many other such aspects. Students often prefer an accommodation at a location right beside their university so that they can save up the time and money on commuting. The estimated cost of living in the US for Indian students ranges between $5,000 to $7,500 per year. Off campus accommodations located within the vicinity of the universities are convenient options for students and you can check out these properties on UniAcco.
Cost Of Studying In The USA For Indian Students: Living Expenses
While considering the cost of studying in the USA for Indian students, one should keep in mind that these living expenses are a part of the daily expenditure of students. While the amounts differ from state to state in the US based on the demand and the location, the average amounts of few of the expenses are listed below –
Cost Of Studying In The USA For Indian Students: Health Insurance
Some universities in the USA offer health insurance plans to students, while some do not offer. At such times, students can consult their support service guidance counsellors and get private health insurance done. The average cost of a student health insurance plan ranges between USD 1,500 – USD 2,500 a year. Even though health insurance is not a mandatory aspect, getting one ahead in time saves money well enough and plays an important card in case of any emergency.
Cost Of Studying In The USA For Indian Students: Additional Costs
In addition to the above mentioned costs, there are a few more necessary activities that the students will be doing during the course of their study like –
- Off – campus transportation
- Social outings, weekend trips
- Medical expenses not covered by health insurance like dental care, eye care, etc.
- Travel expenses between India to the USA.
Cost Of Studying In The USA For Indian Students: Scholarships
There are a number of scholarship schemes implemented by different universities in the US to help fund the Indian students.
- AEF Scholarship.
- Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship.
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship.
- Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund.
- Chicago Booth School of Business.
1) Is it easy for Indian students to study in the USA?
International students, particularly Indians, have long favoured studying in the United States. The USA has the best universities in the world, which has contributed to the growth of the nation. Due to the wide variety of disciplines available in the USA, students search for opportunities to further their education there. It is very beneficial for Indian students to study in the USA.
2) Which state is best for Indian students in the USA?
The United States has hosted a large number of international students in its premier universities and has provided high-quality education. The education system in the United States is regarded as the most versatile and adaptable. California, New York, Texas, Florida and Utah are popular states for Indian students in the USA.
3) How can an Indian student get a scholarship to study in the USA?
Various universities and external organizations in the United States have scholarship programmes in place to assist Indian students in financing their education. AEF Scholarship., Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship, American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund, and Chicago Booth School of Business are the scholarships for Indian students to study in the USA.
4) How much does it cost to study MS in the USA for Indians?
One of the most critical factors to consider before pursuing a master’s degree in the United States is the cost of the degree. Depending on the university and field of study, the average tuition fee for an MS in the United States ranges from USD 20,000 to USD 65,000 per year, or INR 15.80 to INR 51.38 lakh for an Indian student.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog on the cost of studying in the US for Indian students. If you wish to read more about studying in the US, here are some blogs that we think you will enjoy reading –
You can find scholarships like the ones mentioned in this blog and more on the UniScholarz website. Simply sign up for free today and start applying to your dream scholarships. If you need assistance with student accommodation and education loan, head over to UniAcco and UniCreds respectively, today.