It was 7 am in the morning, and I woke up to the same old routine. A coffee in my hand talking to my mother about how things should be a little different.
Intrigued by the look on my face she asked me, “What’s wrong?”.
“We are in the midst of a pandemic and I have been waking up in the same place, doing the same things every single day”. I shared my disappointment with her.
“Hold on, this will soon be over!”
“I don’t see how. Everything has been the same ever since I passed out of school.” That moment I had realised what was happening. I was missing a challenge in my life.
“What do you wish to do?” I could see her enthusiasm, knowing that something was about to change.
“I definitely want to study more and I want to challenge myself this time” I confessed.
I still remember that feeling of catharsis and how it helped me accomplish my next big goal in life.
“Is it possible for me to study abroad?” taking a leap of faith, I asked.
“To be honest, we don’t have the funds for it but I know you’re bright.” She encouraged me to think further.
“What can I do?”
“Why don’t you try funding your studies with a scholarship?” she asked me.
“Let me try!”
I replaced my coffee with my laptop and sat at the same place I have been for the last 3 months.
…And as I scrolled through the top universities, I yelled, “Mom! Here is a list of universities that offer full scholarships to undergraduate international students”
“Brilliant!” she said to me and encouraged me to list them out for her.
So I followed her instructions and organised them as follows:
Universities That Offer Full Scholarships to Undergraduate International Students
The Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
World Ranking of University College London: 1st in London and 8th in the world according to QS World Rankings.
Description of the scholarship: Denys Holland Scholarship offers scholarships to international students from any country who wish to study at an undergraduate level.
This scholarship is especially offered to those students who, without the support of a scholarship or funding, will not be able to study at UCL.
Value of the scholarship: Based on academic performance of the scholar, the scholarship offers £9,000 to students for three years.
Eligibility for the scholarship:
- Apply to UCL before applying for the scholarship.
- You also need to hold a UCAS application number.
- Be able to demonstrate a financial need.
- You also need a letter of admission from UCL for a full time undergraduate course.
- You should be able to demonstrate an interest in your subject area and how this scholarship will benefit your future plans.
- Agree to contribute to the university’s events and be involved in extracurricular activities.
Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships at University of Sydney
World Ranking of University of Sydney: Ranked 4th in Australia and 40 in the World.
Description of the Scholarship: This scholarship is given to students who are high performing and have demonstrated high academic calibre. Students who want to study at University of Sydney and do not have the appropriate funds may also apply for this scholarship. However, these candidates must have excellent academic scores. One among the top universities that offer full scholarships to international students.
Value of the scholarship: Based on selection criteria scholars are eligible for the following funds:
- AUD 20,000 for one semester
- AUD 5,000 for one semester
- AUD 10,000 for one semester
- AUD 40,000 for one year in 2 instalments.
Eligibility for this scholarship:
- Only candidates who are not citizens of Australia may apply.
- Apply for this scholarship after applying for a full time course at University of Sydney.
- You must receive an unconditional offer letter close to the closing state of this scholarship.
International Ambassador Scholarships at University of West London
World Ranking of University of West London: Ranked 32 in the UK and 52nd in the world.
Description of the scholarship: This scholarship recognises talented students from around the world and offers them financial support to study at University of West London. Universities that offer full scholarships to international students such as UWL offer upto 100 scholarships per year to international students. Applicable to students who want to study full time at UWL.
Value of the scholarship: Scholars are provided with upto £5,000 tuition fee discount for their first year of study.
Eligibility for this scholarship:
- You must hold a letter of acceptance from UWL before applying for this scholarship.
- Should not be a citizen of the EU.
- Should demonstrate a need for financial assistance or support.
Side note: Found the best and the most affordable student accommodation near the above mentioned universities at UniAcco.
University of Bologna Study Grants For International Students
World Ranking of University of Bologna: Ranks 69th in Italy and 120 in the world according to QS world rankings.
Scholarship Description: Awards talented students with a need of financial support. Offers full tuition fee waiver and offers support towards their living expenses.
Value of the Scholarship: Offered to students who pursue either first, single or second cycle degree program at the university.
For First and Single cycle: 3 study grants worth €11,590 and tuition fee waivers upto €20,000.
For Second Degree programs: 16 study grants up to €11,590 and full tuition fee waiver upto €10,000.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Hold a letter of acceptance from the university.
- Meet the admission requirements requirement for the chosen program.
- You should not hold any degrees from University of Bologna
- Should not be older than 30 years.
University of New South Wales International Scholarships
World Ranking of UNSW: Ranks 44th in the world according to QS World Rankings.
Scholarship description: Supports international students with high calibre who require financial support to study their undergraduate or postgraduate studies at UNSW.
Value of the Scholarship: Depending on the course you have selected, you may be eligible for a full scholarship or partial funding. This scholarship will also cover your basic living expenses.
Eligibility for this scholarship:
- You should be an international student.
- Have already received a letter of acceptance from the university.
- Must be enrolled in a full time course.
Side Note: My backup if I don’t get a scholarship: I can also apply for an education loan at UniCreds.
We hope you liked reading our blog on Universities That Offer Full Scholarships To International Students. We have a list of scholarships for you from around the world! Check out the following to learn more: