Everywhere we go, we are surrounded by applications. Be it endless scrolling on social media or apps that help us with our education and careers, it is hard to imagine a life without them. But have you ever wondered who designs these apps and makes them function so seamlessly? The most obvious answer to pop up in your head must be a web developer. While the answer is partly correct, the right term for application designers would be a full stack developer and other such designers and developers fall under the umbrella of a full stack developer. Due to their ever-increasing demand, there are people who are looking to learn everything from basic to advanced full stack developer skills to meet this high demand and build a career in this highly lucrative industry.
In this article, we discuss the full stack developer skills used to help design complicated yet user-friendly applications from start to finish with well-functioning backends for a seamless front-end experience.
Who Is A Full Stack Developer? | Full Stack Developer Skills
As briefly stated above, a full stack developer is somebody who derives technical solutions that deal with the back-end, front-end and databases of a web application. They are responsible for building applications from the ground up till what reaches the user on their screen. A full stack developer’s primary domain is working on two areas called the front-end and the back-end. Let us better understand the functionalities of these two areas below.
Front-End Development: To understand it simply, this deals with the visual aspect of what the end-user will interact with. Also referred to as client-side development, the front-end is what makes your app attractive and user-friendly for an enjoyable user experience. All the functionalities, visualisations and other such aspects that the end-user makes use of are worked upon in front-end development.
Back-End Development: Also referred to as server-side development, this aspect is not visible to the end-user but plays a crucial role in how they will interact with the application. An integral component of full stack developer skills, the back-end deals with the coding, formulation as well as monitoring of databases for a smooth end-user experience. All the functionalities that a user makes use of are developed as part of back-end development.
Why Become A Full Stack Developer? | Full Stack Web Developer Skills
- Ever-increasing demand: We use apps every day, everywhere and all the time. And we need apps for everything. This dependency has caused an incredibly high demand for apps and more apps to be made equates to more need for full stack developers.
- Great money: A full stack developer gets paid good money, even great money. This is partly due to the high demand in this line of work and partly because you need to have exceptional skills to be able to excel in this industry. Both these factors ensure that people working under the umbrella of a full stack developer have flourishing careers.
- Creative Flexibility: Possessing full stack developer skills means you can work on the front-end, back-end, databases and everything in between. This career profile is in no way constricting in any way, shape or form and a person can involve themselves in every aspect of the work while also learning a variety of additional skills.
Top Full Stack Developer Skills
Below mentioned are the top full stack developer skills required to be able to work on different aspects of building an application.
- HTML and CSS: Hypertext Markup Language is the component which helps format the appearance of images and text on the screen. The flow of the text on-screen such as heading, sub-heading, paragraph, body, pop-ups and the like are formatted using HTML. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) deal with the font, spacing, size etc. on the final page. HTML and CSS are two components that deal with the front-end development of an application.
- Web Architecture: Among full stack developer skills is web architecture which deals with the elements of database management, storage, Domain Name System (DNS), etc.
- Java Script: Unlike no other and incredibly dynamic in nature, Java Script is used for both front-end and back-end development by a full stack developer. Not only is it used to enhance the end-user experience on the client-side part, but is also used to build and develop several functionalities on the server-side.
- Database and Web Storage: It is imperative for a full stack developer to have in-depth know-how of how database management systems and web storage works. Some platforms they use in their day-to-day work are Microsoft Access, Oracle, SQLite and MySQL among others.
- Version Control System (VCS): This keeps track of a user’s entire history using software like Git, GitHub and Subversion. This helps work on issues like errors and helps maintain track of project files.
If you enjoyed reading this blog on “Top Full Stack Developer Skills”, make sure to check out other informative blogs from us.