London’s most prestigious university – London School of Economics (LSE) offers domestic and national students scholarships to pursue their Masters at LSE. LSE Masters scholarships are available to students especially from low income families and belong to the underrepresented sections of the society.
London School of Economics Master’s Awards | LSE Masters Scholarships
The primary scheme for students who want to learn taught masters at London School of Economics is administered by the Graduate Support Scheme (GSS). The scholarships provided through this support scheme targets students with great financial need. LSE grants scholarships worth £3 million annually to support students for their taught masters and diploma. The graduate support scheme provided by is a need based scholarship and not merit based.
The following are the points to be considered before applying for LSE Masters Scholarships:
- You should demonstrate in detail your need for financial support.
- Before applying for this scholarship, students must already secure admissions into a program.
- This award provides supplement funding for programs and does not provide full packaged funding.
- Attaining a GSS is a competitive process and therefore the threshold is set at a low level because of the number of applicants per year.
- There is no separate application for this. However, you must mention the need for this scholarship on your admission application.
- Once you have completed your application for admission for the course you are applying for, the online application for this application will be available to you.
- You are suggested to provide as much information about your financial situation as possible.
- Information about your financial situation should be honest and best to your knowledge. Submitting information that is dishonest and seems swindling will lead to a cancellation of your application.
- Once you have submitted all your information, the committee will assess your application based on your financial situation. As a result, you will be offered an appropriate level of the award.
- Once you are offered the award, the final step would be providing your supporting documents.
- The financial support office will contact you and ask you to submit your supporting documents. If you are unable to provide the necessary documents or your information is inconsistent with your GSS application form, your application may be discarded or cancelled.
Looking for scholarships to study in London? Read: Which Are The Top Scholarships in London?
Check your eligibility for a student loan, calculate the loan EMI and get guidance from seasoned education counsellors with UniCreds. Find the perfect plan for your education with partners like HDFC Credila, Axis Bank, Prodigy Finance, ICICI Bank and more!
Country Based LSE Masters Scholarships
LSE provides masters scholarships to students coming from selected countries. This has helped students who come from underrepresented sections of the society to get educated at LSE. The following is a list of the countries that LSE provides direct scholarships to:
- Africa: The Ambassador E.O Kolade Scholarship & Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarships
- Algeria: Margaret Bennett Scholarship
- Angola: Canon Collins Trust, The Ambassador E.O Kolade Scholarship & Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarships
- Azerbaijan: State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic Scholarship Program
- Bangladesh: The Rezaur Rahman Scholarship Fund
- Botswana: The Ambassador E.O Kolade Scholarship & Canon Collins Trust
- Brazil: Fundação Estudar & Instituto Ling
- Burma: Charles Wallam Burma Trust & CV Starr Scholarship
- Cambodia: CV Starr Scholarship
- Canada: BUTEX Scholarships for North American and Canadian Students & London Goodenough Association of Canada (LGAC) Scholarship Programme
- China: CV Starr Scholarship, Henry Lester Trust, Laura Cha (Shi Mei Lun) Scholarship, Lee Scholarships, Sino-British Friendship Scholarship Scheme, Woo Family Scholarship
- Columbia: Colfuturo Scholarships
You can learn more about country specific LSE Masters Scholarships .
Know More About UK Study Abroad
How To Apply For An LSE Masters Scholarship?
- You must apply for admissions as LSE. Following which, you will be given access to the Graduate Application Tracker online system (LSE for You). This will help you keep track of all aspects of your admissions including the GSS online application.
- To be considered for this scholarship, you must receive an unconditional or conditional offer letter from the university by 29th April, 2021. This date may vary on a yearly basis. Therefore, you are requested to keep yourself updated with the latest guidelines.
- Funds are granted on a first come first serve basis. As a result, you are expected to be as quick as possible in order to attain this scholarship scheme.
What Is The Value Of LSE Masters Scholarship?
- If you are successful in receiving a GSS grant, you will not be considered for another scholarship. This is because LSE will cover 100% of the funding shortfalls. This will however be calculated by the financial support office.
- If you are not successful in receiving a GSS Grant, you will be considered for other scholarships provided by LSE. However, these scholarships are in demand and are served on a first come first serve basis. Additionally, you will have to mention a need for scholarships on your application form. This will allow LSE to consider you for other LSE Masters Scholarships.
GSS for Double Degree Students
You are eligible to apply for a GSS scholarship if you are enrolled into one of the double degree programs:
- MSc in Affaires Internationales and International Relations or International Political Economy (LSE and Sciences Po)
- MSc in International Affairs (LSE and PKU)
- MSc in Urban Policy (LSE and Sciences Po)
- MSc International and World History (LSE and Columbia)
- Double Degree European Studies (LSE and Sciences Po)
- MSc in Public Administration and Government (LSE and PKU)
We hope you liked reading our blog on The Simple Formula to Get LSE Masters Scholarships. Curious about scholarships offered by your dream countries? The following may be of interest:
- Study In Australia With Australian Government Scholarships
- What Is The Fulbright Scholarship For Ireland?
- How To Get A Netherland Masters Scholarship
Does LSE give scholarships for Masters?
Currently, LSE does not give scholarships for masters purely based on academic merit. For further information, students must get in touch with email@example.com.
Is it easy to get into LSE for a master’s?
The university would typically demand a bachelor’s degree earned after a minimum of three years of study with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5/4, 5.5/7, 6.5/8, 7.5/9, or 8/10 to be considered for admission to a taught master’s programme (first-class equivalent).
How much scholarship does LSE give for masters?
LSE PhD Studentships are available for four years, cover all expenses, and provide an £18,000 annual stipend. Students from the UK, the EU, and other countries are eligible to apply if they are conducting research in any LSE discipline. Annual renewal is contingent upon meeting academic standards.
How can I get a scholarship for LSE?
Download the General Course Scholarship Form (PDF), which you can download and complete then submit it at Financialfirstname.lastname@example.org. Applications go live in February 2022 and close on June 1 of that year.