We all know the holy trinity of international countries for education; UK-Australia-USA! These three countries are popular destinations for tertiary education for two simple reasons:
First, the quality of education offered by the countries is world class. More than 60 institutions from the three countries make it to the list of the top 100 universities by Times Higher Education and QS World Rankings. And secondly, the number of scholarships offered by the respective governments make it easier for students to join from around the globe. Australia Government Scholarships are offered to international students. This helps them develop skills that would help the country’s socio-economic development. The country aims to produce and absorb Australian government scholarships for international students with academic brilliance and professional conduct. Most universities in Australia encourage students to be involved in extracurricular activities and to be prepared to turn into all rounded professionals by the time they complete their education in the country.
Australian Government Scholarships: Research Training Program 2021
The Australian Government’s Research Training Scholarship is administered by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment and offered by a number of Australian Universities. The application for this scholarship should be directly submitted to the participating Australian universities.
The aim of this scholarship is help students pursue their higher education and research by funding their tuition fees, living expenses and providing other grants. This is done by providing flexible funding options to talented students as per their requirements.
Moreover, the scholarship extends its action to help students get access to the best facilities in order to develop their skills and prepare them for employment.
Terms and Conditions for RTP:
- For the year 2021, a minimum of AUD 28,597 to a maximum of AUD 44,674 will be provided to RTP Scholars.
- This scholarship is available to both: domestic and international students.
- RTP Scholarship is available for a maximum of 2.6 years for research masters for 2021.
- Alternatively, RTP scholarship for doctoral research is available for a maximum of 4.6 years for 2021.
- The application process varies according to the university you are applying to. Candidates are suggested to keep themselves informed and updated following the university guidelines.
Book affordable housing with low-cost interest by clicking on the banners today!
The Destination Australia Program was launched by the Australian Government under its scheme of Planning for Australia’s Future Population. Launched in 2019 with an aim to equip Australia’s future generation with skills and knowledge to help contribute to the country’s development. Through this program, the Australian government aims to support and sustain Australia’s remote areas. This is done by funding Australia’s regional and remote tertiary education providers. The Australian government scholarships for international students aims to provide high quality education in Australia.
Destination Australia, which is one of the most easily accessible Australia Government scholarships promotes sustainable development in all regions of the country. For this purpose, students are supported with funding to carry their education, research and training in the remote parts of Australia. It also encourages students to live a student life in the country’s most remote and regional areas.
Terms and Conditions for Destination Australia:
Candidates must apply to a higher education institution for a full time course in one of the following:
- Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree
- Bachelors/Honours Degree
- Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree
- Doctoral/PhD Degree
Terms and Conditions for International Students:
- You must not be sponsored by any other institution
- A minimum of 75% academic score is required in your previous education
- You must apply for an Australian Student Visa prior to applying for this scholarship
- Have an offer letter from the university you are applying to prior to applying for this scholarship
- This scholarship is only valid for tertiary level of education.
Funded by the Government of Australia, this is an internationally competitive merit based scholarship. This scholarship provides an opportunity to the citizens of Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Europe and Americas to take up their tertiary education in an Australian educational institute.
The following program scholarships are offered by Endeavour Awards:
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
Terms and Conditions for Endeavour Awards
- Only students who are 18 and over eligible to be apply
- You must belong to one of the participating countries
- One should not hold an Endeavour Award currently.
- You must not hold any other fellowship, scholarship or grant.
- The evidence of enrolment such as an offer letter or letter of acceptance from your university must be provided.
Costs Covered by Endeavour Awards:
The total value of this scholarship sums up to AUD 201,000 for a period of 2 years for Masters and 3.5 years for a PhD.
For research fellowships, this Australian government scholarship covers a sum of AUD 23,500 for a period of 4-6 months.
The associate degrees and VETs are offered AUD 119,500 for a period of 1.5 years.
Lastly, Endeavour Executive Award offers AUD 20,000 for a period of 1-4 months.
Thank you for reading our blog on Study In Australia with Australian Government Scholarships! Curious about more such scholarships? The following may be of interest: