Are you looking to pursue MIM in Germany? Before we get started, let’s get clarity on what exactly MIM is. While many universities in Germany offer an MBA degree, you also have the option to pursue a MIM course in Germany and land a great career in the management field. While the areas of focus in both MBA as well as MIM are quite similar, MIM fits quite perfectly for freshers who are interested in management.
German universities’ strong connections with various large industries make MIM courses exceptionally desirable. Many German MIM programmes include an overseas internship aspect, with the opportunity of earning dual degrees. As a result, enrolling in masters’ in management degrees in Germany may be quite beneficial. So, without further ado, let us go over all of the specifics about Masters in Management Germany.
Firstly, Why Study MIM In Germany?
Several German MIM colleges are very welcoming and accept international students from all over the world. Let us begin by examining what makes the country a suitable location for MIM studies:
- Course Structure: In the year 2005, the MIM course was introduced to the German syllabi to make it convenient for fresher students who diverted their career route to management. Over the course of time, along with the German education system, this course has been restructured multiple times so as to correspond with the current educational trends. With that, students now have the opportunity to study MIM in Germany without GMAT, which makes it all the more convenient.
- Practical Training: What makes these German MIM courses special is that alongside the theoretical knowledge that students gain, there is hands-on practical exposure that betters the scope of understanding.
- Research Opportunities: MIM degrees in this country are research-oriented, so you will be exposed to critical thinking in a variety of real-life situations.
- Affordability: Germany’s public MIM universities are a great blessing for international students. The MIM courses in Germany are quite inexpensive, allowing you to study at a low tuition expense!
- Flexibility: Most MIM universities in Germany provide students with the option of taking the degree full-time or part-time. So, in addition to practical experience and research, you gain broader industrial insights as a part of the benefits of part-time jobs.
Redefine student accommodation and education loans! Click on the banners NOW!
Best MIM Colleges In Germany
You will find a number of MIM universities in Germany offering excellent management courses for international students. We have listed a few such colleges offering the best MIM in Germany –
- University of Manheim
- European School of Management and Technology
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
- ESCP Business School
Eligibility Criteria For Pursuing MIM In Germany
MIM entry and qualifying standards in Germany may differ from one university to another. However, there are some basic prerequisites that applicants to the finest MIM institutions in Germany must meet. Amongst them are:
- A bachelor’s degree in appropriate disciplines and a one-year master’s degree are required. Few universities in Germany accept a three-year bachelor’s degree to study MIM.
- Some German business schools may require valid GMAT/GRE results. However, most German institutions just demand a TOEFL score, applying for a MIM programmes in Germany without a GMAT is doable.
- As confirmation of English proficiency tests, IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE results are required.
- Basic command of the German language
- Excellent academic performance, with a minimum aggregate academic score of 60%.
- In addition, several institutions need an admission test to pursue a MIM programme.
- Some business colleges and universities may need up to two years of work experience.
Documents Required For MIM Courses
Before applying for MIM programmes, make sure you carry the following documents along with you –
- Study Transcript of Records
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter (s) of Recommendation
- An updated CV/Resume
- Standardized Test & Entrance Exam Scores
- Prior Work Experience Certificates
- Your passport and identification documents
- Health Insurance Certificate
- Passport sized photos
- German student visa
How To Apply For MIM Courses In Germany?
Here’s a basic rundown of the MIM application procedure in Germany:
Step 1: Shortlist the best universities offering MIM programmes. Along with that, list down the requirements for each of these universities.
Step 2: Prepare and take the required tests from amongst GMAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, PTE in advance and check the acceptance of universities based on your scores.
Step 3: Once done with the tests, go to the university’s online portal and fill in your application.
Step 4: While submitting your form, make sure you gather all the required documents and upload them where specified.
Step 5: Upon approval of your documents and your application form, you will receive an approval letter via email.
Tuition Fees For MIM In Germany
The cost of MIM in Germany varies significantly depending on whether one attends a public or private university. If you attend a public institution, such as TUM or the University of Mannheim, you will have to pay a low tuition cost. The cost of attending a private institution is expensive.
- Public Universities: The fees are anywhere between 0 – 3000 Euros
- Private Universities: The fees are anywhere between 22,000 – 35,000 Euros
Thank you for reading this blog. If you’d like to read more, here are some blogs that might be of interest to you –