The number of international students choosing to study engineering in Australia are gradually increasing. Australia offers a wide range of engineering courses across the country. It provides a practical environment for international students in different fields be it civil, mechanical, aeronautical, applied physics and environmental engineering and many other fields. This gives scope to students who wish to pursue their higher studies in engineering to apply their theoretical knowledge practically thereby training them for a sound future. A lot of engineering students wish to pursue their engineering degree in Australia but do not have adequate funds to proceed with their study abroad dreams. That is when they resort to financial aids so as to fund their expenses. Unischolarz has put across different engineering scholarships in Australia that can help students overcome their expenditure crisis.
Why Pursue Engineering In Australia? | Engineering Scholarships In Australia
Australia is known for its world class education and established universities. The wonderful climate in Australia compliments its fast-growing economy attracting a number of international students every year to pursue engineering courses and learn new skills and experiences.
- Students wishing to pursue engineering in Australia have a wide range of engineering courses to choose from. This gives them an opportunity, not only to study in the country of their choice but they also get to study in the field of their choice. The courses range from geological, agricultural, marine, mechatronics, electronics, chemical, to aerospace, civil, petroleum, mining, industrial, telecommunications and many other programs.
- International students wishing to pursue a career as an engineering associate or an engineering technologist can opt for Australia’s Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses which then makes them eligible for applying for the post.
- Technological developments impact an engineer’s lifestyle. Australian universities are advanced enough to update their engineering courses as per the latest developments so that students can utilise their knowledge in the current world situation.
- Engineering students in Australia are encouraged to do an internship alongside studying so that they can apply the knowledge so gained as and when they learn and develop new skills. Some of the top universities also offer industrial training placement to the students in order to expose them to different job roles and the work environment.
- Australia is known for accepting international students from all over the world and this gives opportunities to the engineering students to meet and interact with new people, exchanging ideas and opinions and improving their knowledge base further.
- The growing demand for engineers in Australia has increased the employment opportunities for engineering students especially because students have the option of working post their course study.
List Of Engineering Scholarships In Australia
Dr Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarship | Engineering Scholarships In Australia
This is an undergraduate scholarship supporting international students who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree in engineering. This scholarship covers 50% of the academic tuition fees for one year.
- The candidate applying for this scholarship must be an international student.
- The student must have an unconditional offer letter to study an undergraduate degree in engineering.
- It is required for the candidate to have a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 98, or equivalent.
- The student must start their degree immediately after receiving their scholarship award.
Engineering Undergraduate Entry Scholarship | Engineering Scholarships In Australia
This scholarship is awarded to students who wish to commence their undergraduate degree in the faculty of engineering post their secondary education. This scholarship is offered to students at a value of AUD 10,000 and is paid in two equal instalments.
- Candidates must complete their secondary education and should apply for an undergraduate degree in engineering at The University of Sydney.
- Only students who have an unconditional offer letter to commence their undergraduate degree in engineering.
- Candidates must enroll full time in their semester immediately after receiving the scholarship.
- The scholarship doesn’t require a separate application and will be awarded based on the academic merit of the applicant.
The Rolf Prince Scholarship | Engineering Scholarships In Australia
This is a scholarship for students who wish to pursue their undergraduate degree in chemical engineering. This scholarship is awarded to students at a value of AUD 10,000 and is valid only for one year, payable at two equal instalments.
- Candidates applying for this scholarship must be school leavers applying for an undergraduate course at the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.
- The candidates need not separately apply for this scholarship, they will automatically be considered for this scholarship, on the basis of their academic merit.
Faculty of Engineering Credit Agreement Scholarship | Engineering Scholarships In Australia
This undergraduate scholarship is awarded to high achieving students who apply for it via a formal credit recognition agreement. It is awarded at a value of AUD 5,000 per annum for two years.
- Candidates applying for this scholarship must be international students.
- It is required for the applicant to submit their unconditional offer letter to an undergraduate course in the field of engineering.
- Applicants must have a weighted average mark of 75 or equivalent in their current studies.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog on Different Engineering Scholarships In Australia. If you are interested in knowing more about scholarships in Australia like the ones mentioned in this blog, check out the different scholarships available on UniScholarz and choose from a wide range of scholarships.
If you wish to know more about studying in Australia, these blogs might be of interest: